If you reserved a lower rate somewhere else online, you may qualify for a rate match and a free day certificate.
|Our Lowest Rate Promise|
|Tired of shopping around for the lowest prices online? Now there's no need to spend hours browsing for savings – because if you find a Budget rate on a distributor partner's Web site that's lower than the rate on budget.com using the same price comparison criteria, we'll match the rate and give you a free-day rental certificate good for your next rental.|
How our promise works:
- Our Lowest Rate Promise applies to the rate quote of time-and-mileage charges before taxes, surcharges or any options are added, and the promise does not apply to commercial rates available to Budget accounts.
- You must compare the quoted budget.com rate on your confirmed reservation to the Budget rates posted on other Budget distributor partner sites. The same price comparison criteria needs to be applied on both sites, and you must make a reservation on both sites to validate the price. Examples of price comparison criteria include locations, pick-up and return dates/times and Budget Corporate Discount (BCD) codes.
- A distributor is defined as one who sells and promotes Budget Rent A Car for rental, i.e., Costco, Travelocity, Orbitz and TravelZoo. Our promise does not apply to wholesalers like Priceline or Hotwire or tour companies, or to rates for other car rental companies like Avis.
- Because Budget maintains relationships with various industry partners who also have the ability to accept reservations for our cars on their Web sites, you may see a rate on a partner’s Web site that appears to be lower than a rate on budget.com. Often this is because we have given our distributor partner a Budget Corporate Discount (BCD) discount code and they have chosen to automatically insert that code for you when you shop for Budget rates on their Web site. When you plug that distributor’s assigned BCD code into our budget.com reservation page, you’ll get the same low rates. However if the distributor’s rate does not have a BCD discount code applied to it and it is still lower than the equivalent budget.com rate, we will honor the lower rate and you can still qualify for a free-rental-day certificate.
- This offer does not apply to any Budget micro sites that are independently owned and operated, i.e. budgetvegas.com. This offer applies only to the rates posted and advertised on budget.com.
- You must submit an online claim within seven (7) business days (Monday through Friday) after the completion of the reservation, and must provide confirmation numbers from each respective site to assist in the verification process.
- Budget will reply to all claims via e-mail, whether your request is approved or denied.
- If approved, one free-day rental certificate will be processed within ten (10) corporate business days from our receipt of your claim. Terms and conditions on free-day certificate apply. Taxes and other surcharges are not included with the free-day certificate redemption and will be extra.
- Think you've reserved a lower Budget rate elsewhere? Submit our Lowest Rate Promise form.