If you plan to use a check/debit card, please read the requirements below and bring all necessary documents with you at the time of rental. Note that all documents must be in the name of the renter. If you fail to comply with all necessary requirements, you will be unable to rent using a check/debit card.
1. Check/Debit Card Requirements: This location only accepts bank-issued debit cards with the MasterCard or Visa logo at the time of the rental. The check/debit card must be embossed with the renter's name. No pre-paid, loadable or payroll cards are accepted. The full deposit amount needed at the time of rental as noted in the "Additional Fees and Credit Holds" section must be available on the check/debit card account.
2. Car Groups: At the time of rental pickup, a check/debit card can be used for the required deposit for only these specific vehicle classes:
- Renters 21-24 years old: Economy cars, Compact cars, Intermediate cars, Standard cars, Full-Size cars, Compact SUV, Intermediate SUVs, Standard Rec SUVs, Standard SUVs, Standard Elite SUVs, Mid-Size Pickups, Minivans and Cargo Vans. A check/debit card cannot be used for any other vehicle classes.
- Renters 25 years and older: All vehicle classes except Full-Size SUVs and Premium SUVs.
3. Deposit Information: Budget will secure a deposit from your account as noted in the section entitled "Additional Fees and Credit Holds". Budget reserves the right in its sole discretion to request extra value based on certain factors as we deem appropriate. THESE FUNDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE. Upon returning the vehicle, Budget will refund the unused portion of the deposit subject to your banks procedures. The credit may take up to 2 weeks to be deposited by your bank. If you fail to return the vehicle as agreed, Budget will obtain additional deposits from your account to cover the rental charges. Budget is not responsible for any returned checks or overdrafts based on this policy. In the United States, check/debit cards can be used at the end for payment of rental charges. Prepaid debit/gift cards are accepted at time of return only.
4. Additional Qualifying Documents: In addition to a valid driver's license (see the "Driver's License Requirements" section for details) and bank-issued check/debit card embossed in the renter's name, one additional qualifying document is required as follows:
- For Customers Renting at the Airport Location - must present a round-trip ticket or an air travel confirmation from the airport of rental indicating their return information (flight number/date/time). A U.S. Military identification card is accepted for government business rentals only instead of the air travel confirmation.
- For Customers Renting at an Off-Airport Location - must bring a current copy (within the last 45 days) of renter's contracted cellular phone bill, home telephone or utility bill, bank statement, mortgage statement, paycheck stub or insurance statement/policy declaration showing their name and local address. Qualifying documents cannot show a past due or negative account balance, negative account activity or disconnect notice.
5. Damage Coverage: For all bank-issued check/debit card customers, you must cover potential damages to our vehicle while out on rent. You can do this in one of three ways:
A. Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) - LDW can be purchased at the time of rental. LDW relieves the renter and authorized additional drivers of financial responsibility if the Budget car is damaged or stolen while under rental contract subject to compliance with all terms of the rental agreement.
B. Damage Deposit - Leave a $1,000.00 damage deposit charged to the bank-issued check/debit card. The renter will then be held responsible for any and all damages to the Budget vehicle regardless of fault. The damage deposit may be applied to the cost of any damages.
C. Personal Insurance Policy - Present a current valid insurance card in the renter's name showing that full comprehensive and collision coverage transfers to cover the rental vehicle. This will be confirmed by a Budget representative by contacting a representative from the insurance company. If your insurance transfers to the rental, the LDW may be declined and the $1,000.00 damage deposit waived.