NEWS FLASH:USA Today Travel compared car rental company Pay Now programs. See what USA Today says about how Budget Pay Now stacks up to the competition!
If you can't find a Pay Now Rate that works for you, you'll still have the option to pay online for any published rate that you find on budget.com — though by selecting and prepaying another rate, no additional savings will apply. With our flexible pay online terms, Budget prepaid rentals beat the competition! But reserve early — you're only able to pay online when booking more than 16 hours before the rental pick-up time.
How Pay Now Rates Work
When selecting your car on budget.com, check out our Pay Now Rates because they could reflect a savings of up to 35% off non-discounted budget.com rates! If discounted Pay Now Rates are available for your car rental, you'll see that rate option on the car selection page when you reserve on budget.com. But choose your rate carefully, because once you purchase a Pay Now Rate, no further discounts may be applied.
Another Pay Online Option
Even if there isn't a discounted Pay Now Rate available for your rental, you can still choose the convenience of prepaying by simply selecting the "pay online" option on step 4 of the reservation process. While this option won't discount your rental further than the price you have already chosen, customers find that paying online makes sense!
"Makes budgeting for our road-trip easier."
"Have used before. Good customer service."
"One less thing to worry about."
Our Flexible Pay Online Terms Beat the Competition
Important Pay Online Tips
Unlike other car rental companies or third-party Web sites, Budget doesn't lock you in after you’ve prepaid for the rental. Discover how budget.com's prepay option tops the competition!
- Keep your reservation confirmation number handy because this number is necessary for rental modifications, cancellations or refund requests.
- Budget.com accepts the following credit cards for online payment: In the U.S.: Amex, Visa, MasterCard, Discover. In Canada: Amex, Visa, MasterCard.
- When you pick up your prepaid rental:
- You must present the same card that you used for online payment.
- All rental credentials required by the Budget location must be presented, and the name on those credentials must exactly match the name on the reservation. At a minimum, a valid driver's license and major credit card (or debit card if accepted at your location - see rental terms and conditions) in the driver's name is required.
- All location credit and debit card hold rules will apply. Read the terms and conditions in the online reservation process for specific hold amounts and debit card rules at your rental location. Upon paying your rental with a Debit Card, Budget will generally request an authorization hold against your account for the estimated charges of the rental but reserves the right in its sole discretion, to request extra value based on certain factors as we deem appropriate. Some exceptions may apply. THESE FUNDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE.
• When the rental is over we will process the reversal but the bank may take time to post it back to the account - unless you already paid toward your rental, in which case the hold will be only $100 USD. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use.
- For security reasons, if you are unable to satisfy the credential or hold requirements at the location in which you pick up your car, you will not be allowed to rent. To request a refund for the prepaid reservation, use your reservation confirmation number to retrieve your prepayment information either on budget.com or by calling 800-214-6094 7:30 AM-7:30 PM Mon – Fri; 8:00 AM-6:30 PM Sat – Sun CST. A $50 processing fee will apply.
- Most reservation details may be changed without penalty before your scheduled rental pick-up time. Reservation details that may not be changed include method of prepayment, name on the reservation, and some changes to rental location (see pay online terms for details).
- If you cancel prior to your scheduled pick-up time, we'll refund the full prepaid amount less a $10 processing fee.
- If you don't show up for your rental, we'll refund the full prepaid amount less a $50 no-show processing fee.
- Cancel and refund requests must be made on budget.com using the 'cancel/request a refund' process accessible when you view your reservation details on budget.com or by calling 800-214-6094 7:30 AM-7:30 PM Mon – Fri; 8:00 AM-6:30 PM Sat – Sun CST. Credits will be refunded within seven days back to the card used for prepayment.
- You have up to 6 months after your pick-up date to request a refund.
Still have questions about prepaying, making changes, or canceling a prepaid reservation? Read Pay Online common questions or view our flexible pay now terms.