NEWS FLASH:USA Today Travel compared car rental company Pay Now programs. See what USA Today says about how Budget Pay Now stacks up to the competition!
If you can't find a Pay Now Rate that works for you, you'll still have the option to pay online for any published rate that you find on budget.com — though by selecting and prepaying another rate, no additional savings will apply. With our flexible pay online terms, Budget prepaid rentals beat the competition! But reserve early — you're only able to pay online when booking more than 16 hours before the rental pick-up time.
How Pay Now Rates Work
When selecting your car on budget.com, check out our Pay Now Rates because they could reflect a savings of up to 35% off non-discounted budget.com rates! If discounted Pay Now Rates are available for your car rental, you'll see that rate option on the car selection page when you reserve on budget.com. But choose your rate carefully, because once you purchase a Pay Now Rate, no further discounts may be applied.
Another Pay Online Option
Even if there isn't a discounted Pay Now Rate available for your rental, you can still choose the convenience of prepaying by simply selecting the "pay online" option on step 4 of the reservation process. While this option won't discount your rental further than the price you have already chosen, customers find that paying online makes sense!
"Makes budgeting for our road-trip easier."
"Have used before. Good customer service."
"One less thing to worry about."
Prepay and Qualify for a FREE Gift Card!
Isn’t it great to get something for nothing? Just prepay a rental of three or more days and get a $10 Gift Card from a popular nationwide retailer, redeemable for everything from movie tickets to cheeseburgers to school supplies!
This deal applies to prepaid luxury, premium, SUV or van rentals for three or more days. Learn more.
Our Flexible Pay Online Terms Beat the Competition
Important Pay Online Tips
Unlike other car rental companies or third-party Web sites, Budget doesn't lock you in after you’ve prepaid for the rental. Discover how budget.com's prepay option tops the competition!
- Keep your reservation confirmation number handy because this number is necessary for rental modifications, cancellations or refund requests.
- A prepaid car rental can be paid on budget.com with the following credit and debit cards*: In the U.S.: Amex, Visa, MasterCard, Discover. In Canada: Amex, Visa, MasterCard. *While debit cards are an acceptable form of rental prepayment online, they may not always be accepted as payment for the credit hold required when you pick up your car. Generally, Budget requires a credit card hold of total estimated charges or $200 (whichever is greater). At locations where a debit card hold is allowed, the debit hold will be $200 or estimated charges (whichever is greater) — unless you already paid toward your rental on budget.com, in which case the debit hold will be only $100. See full terms and conditions for rental requirements at your location during the online reservation process.
- Most reservation details may be changed before your scheduled rental pickup time without penalty via budget.com, or at the counter when you pick up your rental car. Reservation details that may not be changed include method of prepayment, name on the reservation, and some changes to rental location (see pay online terms for details).
- If you cancel prior to your scheduled pick up time, we'll refund the full prepaid amount less a $10 processing fee.
- If you don't show up for your rental, we'll refund the full prepaid amount less a $50 no-show processing fee.
- Cancel and refund requests must be made on budget.com using the 'cancel/request a refund' process accessible when you view your reservation details on budget.com. Credits will be refunded back to the card used for prepayment.
- You have up to 6 months after your pick-up date to request a refund.
Still have questions about prepaying, making changes, or canceling a prepaid reservation? Read Pay Online common questions or view our flexible pay now terms.