| Parsippany, NJ Apr 9, 2007 -
Budget Rent A Car System, Inc. today announced that it has been named the “Leading Provider of Outstanding Car Rental Deals” by Travelzoo, a global Internet media company. The Travelzoo Awards, also known as “The Tzoos,” is the first annual awards program of its kind in the U.S. that celebrates the companies behind the best travel deals of the year.
Budget was chosen as the 2007 best car rental deal provider by Travelzoo’s travel deal experts for meeting the following award criteria:
- Competitiveness – Regularly developing deals that inspired Travelzoo users to book trips that they did not otherwise plan on taking
- Reliability – Providing deals that were easy to book and had a low incidence of usability issues when tested by Travelzoo’s Test Booking CenterTM
- Consistency – Consistently providing Travelzoo users with several exceptional offers throughout the past year that inspired incremental travel, based on user feedback and reporting from advertisers
- Appeal to travelers – Achieving high ratings from Travelzoo users throughout the past year
- Quality – Providing travel deals so good that Travelzoo staff would recommend booking an offer to their family and friends.
“The Tzoo award is a symbol of quality and it’s our way of recognizing the companies we know to provide the best in travel deals,” said Ralph Bartel, chairman and chief executive officer of Travelzoo. “All the Travelzoo Award winners have consistently provided us with the most outstanding travel deals we have seen on the Internet over the past year.”
“In addition to high-quality, reliable vehicles and great service at value prices, providing renters with great deals is what Budget is all about,” said John Peebles, vice president of online marketing for Avis Budget Group, Inc., parent of Budget. “We’re delighted to be honored by Travelzoo and appreciate the business that we have received from them over the years.”
Budget Rent A Car System, Inc. is the owner and franchiser of one of the world's best-known car rental brands with more than 1,800 car rental locations in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand. The company also operates Budget Truck Rental and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NYSE: CAR).
back to top